How far will a mother go to save her child?
“I have no use for a baby girl. Get rid of her tonight!” He towered over her as she cringed in fear.
But Hansa, a thirteen-year-old child-bride in rural India, refuses to remain a victim of the oppressive society where a female child is an unwanted burden. Instead of drowning her baby, Hansa escapes from her village with three-month-old Tara.
Hansa soon discovers that life as a teenage mother is fraught with danger. But a single lie opens the door to a promising opportunity far from home.
Just seven years later, Hansa finds herself fighting for Tara’s life once more, this time in an American court, with a woman she calls ‘Mother.’
Will the lie upon which Hansa built her life, defeat its own purpose? How can she succeed when no one believes the truth?
A story of two mothers, two daughters and a fight to save a child, Fighting for Tara explores the depth of love and motherhood.
- "Poignant, heart-rending, compelling... A must read." ~ Renita D'Silva, Bestselling Author of The Forgotten Daughter
- "A magnificent tapestry of love, hope, and the triumph of the human spirit." ~ Usha Narayanan, Bestselling Author of 'Pradyumna: Son of Krishna' and 'Love, Lies and Layoffs'
- "A gripping tale that will keep you on the edge". Ruchira Khanna, Author of "Choices.'
- "An un-putdownable read.' Ruchi Singh, Author of Take 2: Second Chance at Happiness.
- "A poignant and heartwarming tale of a mother's unconditional love." ~ Shoumi Sen, Author of 'From The Toddler Diaries'