For special offers:
How far will a mother go to save her child?
“I have no use for a baby girl. Get rid of her tonight!” He towered
over her as she cringed in fear.
But Hansa, a thirteen-year-old child-bride in rural India,
refuses to remain a victim of the oppressive society
where a female child is an unwanted burden. Instead of
drowning her baby, Hansa escapes from her village with
Hansa soon discovers that life as a teenage mother is
fraught with danger. But a single lie opens the door to a
romising opportunity far from home.
Just seven years later, Hansa finds herself fighting for
Tara’s life once more, this time in an American court,
with a woman she calls ‘Mother.’
Will the lie upon which Hansa built her life, defeat its
How can she succeed when no one believes the truth?
A story of two mothers, two daughters and a fight to
save a child, Fighting for Tara explores the depth of love
- "Poignant, heart-rending, compelling... A must read." ~ Renita D'Silva, Bestselling Author of The Forgotten Daughter
- "A magnificent tapestry of love, hope, and the triumph of the human spirit." ~ Usha Narayanan, Bestselling Author of 'Pradyumna: Son of Krishna' and 'Love, Lies and Layoffs'
- "A gripping tale that will keep you on the edge". Ruchira Khanna, Author of "Choices.'
- "An un-putdownable read.' Ruchi Singh, Author of Take 2: Second Chance at Happiness.
- "A poignant and heartwarming tale of a mother's unconditional love." ~ Shoumi Sen, Author of 'From The Toddler Diaries'